2nd TMA Phd School - Napoli, Italy
“Bridging the gap between theory and practice in network monitoring and analysis”
Chair: Antonio Pescapè
Speakers: E. W. Biersack, L. Deri, Y. Shavitt
Date: Monday 6th - Friday 10th of June 2011
Status: Applications closed
Dates: Monday 6th - Friday 10th of June 2011
Application:Application-Form closed!. Deadline May 4th, 2011
Who can participate?
PhD Students working in the field of computer networks and Internet. MS Students, Post Docs, and Researchers working in the same field are welcome to participate (upon availability).
What is the format?
This year the school has a novel format. First, according to the title of the school, the main idea of this year is to fill the gap between theory and practice. This goal will be pursued thanks to: (a) speeches from leading people coming from industries and Telcos; (b) speeches from academicians with specific focus on practical aspects; (c) sessions specifically devoted to live demos (see the program for more details). More precisely, the school has four kind of sessions:
- a panel with experts from Telecom Operators and Industries entitled "The role of traffic monitoring and analysis in Telecom Operators networks"
- two long talks on hot topics in the TMA field with focus on both theory and practice
- PhD sessions with both talks and live demos
- a closing session on the current state of the field of network measurements and analysis
Each participant can share her/his research with peers and specialized professors during practical sessions with the aim of advancing her/his own project and consolidating a network of practitioners and scholars in the TMA field.
For any further information, please send an email to tma-school <at> comics [dot] unina [dot] it
- Speakers and Talks
- Registration, Costs and Travel Grants
- School Location
- Course Material
- Tourist Information
- Social Events
- Wi-Fi Internet Access